We had some cosplayers in the house, tonight. The whole family! #lyricsspamalot #montypython #andthebestparentawardgoesto
The Evolution Of Control
This person is holding the n64 controller terribly wrong
This fool has been terribly misinformed.
THIS WAS THE FUNNIEST THING OF ALL THE SHOW
Do they ever take the mom to task for not teaching her Spanish though ? I mean her mom is there.
There was literally nothing funny about this though?
^^^^ that scene hits me right in the *assimilated* child of an immigrant feels. Cause so many parents don’t teach their kids their native tongues (for various reasons) and it hurts us. Especially when we try to connect with those parts of ourselves but other people delegitimize our identity because of a language barrier we are not responsible for.
And before a grade A piece of Shit decides to chime in with “teach yourself” :
1. learning a new language is incredibly hard especially without assistance.
2. Many of us don’t have easy access to quality language learning resources for our mother tongues.
3. In regards to colonized people, of the easily accessible resources, most of them are the European versions of the language and not the language of the people. Which means you end up sounding like a stranger.
So yeah, nothing is funny about this at all.
4. White people are rewarded for learning/speaking more than one language. People of color are ridiculed for that same thing, especially if it impacts any part of their English. A lot of migrant parents think they are protecting us when they don’t teach us our native languages; They think if we only learn English, if we don’t pick up their accent, we might have an easier time in this racist society. Unfortunately, they’re usually right.
5. Learning a new language, especially as an adult, is extremely difficult. Add to that learning disabilities, neuroatypicalities, poverty, lack of resources, lack of time, and it’s nearly impossible.
I came on this website for harry potter I did not expect to emerge as a multifandom feminist with a different sexuality
Anonymous said: Hi im from the philippines and i saw your post regarding those bracelets and the poster. Ehehehe. Is there a way it could be shipped right here or nah ? Thankyou ! :)))
Anything is possible! Haha. Come off anon and we’ll figure it out.
Me and a couple of friends attended “The Night Before Our Stars” and were gifted signed posters and little bracelets! Naturally, my poster is now hanging on my wall, however I’m not really a bracelet wearer, and neither of my friends are either. Plus, we’re not really the target demographic at ages 21-25. SO, I figured I’d offer them up to anyone who wants them. I’ve got two bracelets and 1 poster (I think. I should technically ask them before volunteering their stuff to the interwebs) available FREE OF CHARGE. If you’re interested, send me a message and we’ll figure it out from there.
John Green taking over my life.
Sitting here on the couch in my living room. Tonight’s episode of Orphan Black ended about an hour ago. I haven’t acquired the ability to move. I can’t. Not until they show me that my Cos is alright. I can’t even get fully psyched about the fact that a mainstream (is it officially considered mainstream yet? I mean, we stole the cover of EW) television show is starting a proper discussion on the science of what it means to be transgender-WHICH IS FUCKING AMAZING. But even that’s on the back burner until I know my girls safe……….
This is gonna be a long ass week.
*devil went down to georgia playing in the distance*
I bet that was a haunting refrain.
- ON SUNDAY:
I will be liveblogging the Tony Awards. If you don’t want to see my posts, (there will probably be a lot of them), I’ll tag them “SM blogs...
- “She was laughing even as we kissed and kissed again. There is no better taste than someone else’s laughter in your mouth.”— (via the-psycho-cutie)
im not saying australia isnt a great place to live but we dont have netflix and the rest of the western world is laughing at us
I just want to talk about Orphan Black 99% of the time but then I remembered not everyone watches the show.
When John Green told the crowd that, though he was proud of the movie, it wasn’t his movie, someone shouted, ‘But it’s your plot, John!’
don’t pity the dead harry, pity the living, and above all pity the people going to see the fault in our stars movie who don’t know how it ends.